Tool Maker – Press
- A very competitive rate of pay (Dependent on experience)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- A work place pension
- Onsite free car parking
- Ongoing training and development
- Long service awards
- Early finish on a Friday
The Main Duties
- Break down and rebuild of tools for maintenance, repairs and re-grind. Incorporating the building and development of new press tools – progression and single stage and sample tooling
- Provide feedback to design department to update technical data
- Problem solving, issues arising from manufacture and repair
- Required to perform within a team organize work load and have good decision making skills
- Able to carry out tool try out first stage quality inspections.
This role will be a full 360 degree opportunity which for a hand on team player would be the perfect career opportunity to continue to develop their skills.
- GCSE (or equivalent)
- Apprentice trained
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Time served, apprentice trained toolmaker
- Conversant with manufacture and servicing of Multi-stage progression tools
- Knowledge of machining processes – milling, turning, and surface grinding.
- Ability to read complex engineering drawings
- Ability to work to fine tolerances
- Experience of pneumatics and hydraulics would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Ability to work to 5s standards
- Very good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
Ideally you will have a vast amount of experience as a Toolmaker within a fast paced manufacturing environment, At all times you will maintain a safe working environment and Health and Safety policies.
- Able to make decisions
- Able to communicate well at all levels
- Promote good housekeeping throughout the facility and their own working area
- Attention to details is paramount, exposure to key business customers with a "Right First Time" approach
- Must be well presented at all times
- The hours for this role will be over Monday to Thursday 7.30am – 4.30pm and Friday 7.30am – 12.30pm
How to Apply
- Please apply direct to email@example.com with a covering letter and current cv.